[jp] Possible to jpilot-dump a ContactsDB?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 23:20:11 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 08:43 -0700, jpilot at nomad.inbox5.com wrote:
> Ng Oon-Ee wrote:

> >> That's probably right.  Although, if you're interested and have any
> >> coding skills the feature is not that difficult to add.  As you know,
> >> the code to export Contacts exists already in jpilot.  It is in the
> >> routine cb_addr_export_ok in the file address_gui.c.  It's mostly a cut
> >> and paste exercise to get the code from there into jpilot-dump.c and
> >> then stitch up anything like undeclared variables.   My estimate would
> >> be 1-2 hours work.
> >>

> > I may look into that if things slow down a bit. Just for reference, best
> > to use -C flag?
> >

> Yes, that seems to be consistent with the rest of the application.
>
> --Rik

Am taking a look at the code, looks doable. Hopefully. Just another
check on syntax, cb_addr_export_ok checks whether the export is TEXT,
CSV, VCARD, or LDIF. I suppose it doesn't make sense to hardcode the
type of the export (I want csv specifically), but the current
jpilot-dump syntax doesn't seem to support multiple outputs from a
single switch. I guess I could use -C for the TEXT, -L for LDIF, -V for
vcard (too similar to -v?), -S for csv? Or would it be better to have
-CT, -CC, -CL, -CV? With -C defaulting to -CT.