[jp] Maemo vs. Android

Judd Montgomery judd at jpilot.org
Fri Sep 18 11:14:40 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 04:37:57PM -0500, Karl Schmidt wrote:
> Judd Montgomery wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 03:58:48PM -0500, Karl Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> Anyway -, this looks like the best migration path so far... I expect the phone to be a bit expensive..
>>>
>> You can preorder from Nokia for $649 US, or on Amazon for $589 US.
>>
>> Judd
>
> I always wait for the second or third rev...  less bugs to deal with..

Nokia regularly releases software updates.  I reflashed my N800 last
night because the PalmOS emulator wouldn't install on the older OS.  It
went very smooth as usual.  The emulator is a lot more stable than the
last time I had tried it.  I didn't get around to Syncing it, or
installing some apps.

Hardware bugs are another story.

Judd