[jp] Maemo vs. Android

Tom tmst at nethere.com
Thu Sep 17 16:14:11 EDT 2009

I assume the idea is that at least the information would be available on
the device in *some* format and save having to (immediately) re-enter
it manually.

If JPilot were to be ported so as to support Maemo, then it would not be
necessary or even desirable to run it on the device. We'd just sync the
same way we do now with our Palms.

I, myself, prefer to hope for other miracles.

Now, the possibility that a group of Linux developers can be harnessed
into supporting a desktop client for Maemo...That holds some promise.

-Tom