[jp] Maemo vs. Android

Russ Button russ at russbutton.com
Thu Sep 17 15:25:15 EDT 2009

But the point of jpilot is to backup/sync the smart phone's own
calendar, contacts database, etc.  If you run jpilot on the phone
itself, wouldn't it then just be another application but not interact
with the phone's own calendar, contacts database and dialing function?

What would be the point?

Does the Maemo have its own backup/syncing program?  If so, might there
be a way to port the jpilot database over to the Maemo tool and thus
populate the Maemo with contacts and calendar?

Russ