[jp] Change in event date behavior

Paul Erickson paule at sfu.ca
Sun Sep 6 07:40:24 EDT 2009

I have been using jpilot for a long time, and just noticed a change in
behavior
that I hope there is some way to change. On my Fedora 11 boxes with
jpilot 1.62
When I change the date on an event, I am taken to the new date. Is there
any way
of changing this so that I remain at the current date? The reason is, if
I have
a repeating event that does not have a consistent frequency I used to be
able to
simply copy the event on the date of first occurrence, and then change
the date
on each subsequent copy to place then throughout my calendar as needed. With
the current setup, when I change the date I am taken to the new date,
and then
have to return to the original date and repeat the process over again. I
preferred
the way earlier versions of jpilot handled this issue. I have checked
the preferences
and cannot see any way to reconfigure this. If there is a way, would
appreciate
knowing how to do so. Otherwise is there a way of making this behavior a
user
configurable option?

Thanks in advance.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt at telus.net

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad."

“Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.” - Thomas Mann

"That state which separates it's warriors from it's scholars will have it's thinking done by cowards and fighting done by fools" - Thucydides - The Pelopenisia

"The Malice of the wicked is reinforced by the weakness of the virtuous." - Churchill