[jp] jpilot can't read the ToDoDb anymore

einix at gmx.net einix at gmx.net
Sun Sep 6 05:03:40 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I changed a category in the jpilot dialog, then synced with my Palm and got the following log:
iconv: unconvertable sequence at place 24
Failed, unable to back up database DatebookDB
Failed, unable to back up database MemoDB
Failed, unable to back up database ToDoDB
ReadDBList returned = -305
palmos_error = 0
dlp_strerror is No error
todo.c:90 Fehler beim Lesen der Kategorieinfo ToDoDB
todo.c:90 Fehler beim Lesen der Kategorieinfo ToDoDB
Error reading file: MemoDB
todo.c:90 Fehler beim Lesen der Kategorieinfo ToDoDB

Since then whenever I restart jpilot I get the same error message:
todo.c:90 Fehler beim Lesen der Kategorieinfo ToDoDB

By the way the ToDoDB.pdb has 80 Byte now and the ToDoDB.pc3 0 Byte now.

All entries are gone in jpilot, however they are still available on the palm. How can I sync them back from the palm without loosing the data there, too.
And how could I find out which one is the sequence at place 24 in the log file ( this issue I had for quite a while but since it did work fine, I did not care too much.

Thanks in advance
Einix