[jp] mailing from Jpilot

Raphael Tennenbaum rtennenbaum at optimum.net
Sat Oct 31 10:56:46 EDT 2009

Siegfried Schilling wrote:
>> I can't suss out how to make this work.  If there aren't any records in
>> the database, I will see an "Email" button to the left of the email
>> field -- but if there are records, the ONLY buttons I see indicate
>> "Dial."  it doesn't matter whether I've set "Use Address database" or
>> "Use Contacts Database" under Preferences.
>
> which language do you use on your Treo? I'm using German and there's a
> kind of translation bug. Maybe it's something like that for your
> language, too. Judd gave me the following instructions:
>
>>> In the source code directory look in the po directory at de.po.  This
>>> assumes that you are using the German translation.  Search for E-Mail
>>> and then add the German translation for that. Compile, install and that
>>> should fix your problem.
>>>
>>> You could probably just compile the po file and put it in the proper
>>> place if you didn't want to recompile the whole package.
>
> Siegi

thanks for the reply, Siegi.

perhaps it will be thought of as a defect in my character, but I'm not
really a compiler type of person.  in fact, much as I enjoy using Linux,
switching from OS/2 over the last two months has already kind of
stretched me thin.  honestly it would take me a day to figure out how to
compile something (I wouldn't even know where to look for source code).
  finally, I am using the English jpilot, and while there may be a tip
contained in his remedy that might be of use to me, more than likely I'm
apt to try something that turns out to be stupid.

in any case, I hope I may safely assume that this is either a bug or an
unimplemented feature, and not something wrong with my intelligence or
my installation.  perhaps it will be fixed in a future release?

-rafe t.