[jp] Expense Tracker for Treo 700p? -- RESOLVED

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 18 11:14:54 EST 2008

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Mike Sussman wrote:

> If, instead, I want to install a program, I hit sync on the jpilot first
> causing the installation file selection dialog to come up, then hit the
> sync button on the centro and then hit "Close" in the installation file
> selection dialog. If I wait too long to hit close after initiating the
> sync on the Centro, it "sits there looking at me." Be careful of your
> timing.

Mike,

   Well, this did the trick! Why the sequence varies between syncing and
installing is probably something I don't really want to know. They're both
different with a USB cable than with the former serial port cradels for the
older Palm PDAs. Timing with a USB connection is also critical.

   How strange!

Many thanks,

Rich