[jp] Expense Tracker for Treo 700p?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 18 10:40:39 EST 2008

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Carlo Graziani wrote:

> (1) Use /dev/ttyUSB1, which is what the last line from syslog is telling
> you (unless udev has been correctly configured, in which case it should
> create the symlink /dev/pilot on-the-fly, and you could use that instead);

Carlo,

   Ah, yes. I forgot about this after getting the new Treo to sync with
jpilot. Part of the problem is that what /var/log/messages reports is not
what pilot-xfer/pilot-link/jpilot expect. The latter expect to see
/dev/tts/USB1. See below.

> (2) Did you press the sync button on the treo, count to two, then type
> <Return> on that command line?

   I tend to wait 5 or 6 seconds to allow the connection to be well
established. Doing this with the proper device path results in:

    Listening for incoming connection on /dev/tts/USB1...

and there it sits.

   So, correcting the device path helps, but the connection is still not
being established.

   Keep up the insightful comments!

Thanks,

Rich