[jp] recently obtained Palm IIIe

Mark Grieveson dg135 at torfree.net
Wed Nov 12 16:54:54 EST 2008

Hello.  I had a Palm Zire 21, that broke (when I was out in the rain,
it got wet, and subsequently died.)  I decided that I wanted one that
had replaceable batteries.  I found a Palm IIIe, for a good cheap
price, and got it.

I've been using j-pilot for a while with my former Palm Zire 21.  Is
there a way to put the information from this onto my recently bought
Palm IIIe?  The old Palm Zire was a usb connection, whereas this one is
a serial connection.  I tried the jpilot option of "restore handheld",
but, initially, it would not sync.  So, I entered the command
"ln /dev/ttyS0 /dev/pilot", and then tried, via jpilot, to "restore
handheld".  It did establish a sync connection, but gave me the
following error message:

dlp_ReadSysInfo error
Exiting with status SYNC_ERROR_PI_CONNECT
Finished

I've also tried to establish a new user, and to merely sync, but
without success.

So, if anyone has any suggestions, please shoot them my way.

Mark