[jp] Help for a newbie

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Fri Jun 27 07:27:18 EDT 2008

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Judd Montgomery wrote:
> Congratulations on choosing the Linux version over the Windows version.
>
> People have posted onto the list in the past that they had an Eee PC and
> I've seen on eeeuser that people have it working.  A command prompt has
> to be there somewhere.  Look for Konsole, Console, Terminal, or
> something.  I am not familiar with Xandros and don't know how much
> customization Asus has done to it.
>
> To install it do:
> sudo apt-get install jpilot jpilot-backup jpilot-plugins

I've had an eeepc for about 3 days, so have been able to locate the terminal
with Ctrl-Alt-T

then you need to do work with apt-get because you need additional repositories
enabled before you can download jpilot.

we'll be able to help more, and i'm sure we'll get it all working for you.

--
I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert!