[jp] Hotsync

Carlo Graziani carlo at oddjob.uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 26 11:20:35 EDT 2008

john emil wrote:
> hey judd
>
> thanks a lot... but i am still having the problem.. the hotsync is on,
> it\s working, haven't changed any setting on my palm hotsync but still
> can't synch in windows ... is there any  way around it... or a way to force
> sync?
>
> any ideas anyone?

(1) A shot in the dark: did you by any chance change your username on the
palm device while playing with j-pilot?  Could the username on the palm
desktop be inconsistent with the one on the device?  The username generally
appears in the top-right hand corner of the main HotSync screen.  Is it
still the same as the one assumed by the Palm Desktop?

(2) Failing that, you could un-install and re-install the palm desktop on
Windows, and see if that restores windows-side sync. This is a bit coarse,
but it has the virtue of settling whether the problem is with the device or
with the pc.

I would do a full backup under j-pilot first, though, just in case a funny
happens somewhere.

Cheers,

Carlo

--
Carlo Graziani                                 (773) 702-7973 (Voice)
Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics       (773) 702-6645 (FAX)