[jp] Help for a newbie

Tom tmst08 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 14:28:31 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 25 June 2008, Bob Thomson wrote:
> I'm a complete newbie to Linux and JPilot. I've just bought an Asus
> EEE PC and downloaded jpilot in the hope of being able to sync my
> Sony Clie TJ37 with the Asus. I don't even know how to get to a
> command prompt in the Asus Xandros Linux and even if I did, I
> wouldn't know the commands to use to install on the Asus.
>
> I have been able to put the jpilot file on the Asus via a USB card
> reader but that's as far as I've been able to go.
>
> Can anyone refer me to a previous posting or another URL or list
> where I can get help with this?

Bob,

Welcome to Linux. No documentation available. Just joking! Well done on
finding this forum and getting started.

Installing JPilot is just like anything else for a Linux newb. It's
included in the packages of installable sofware for most Linux
distributions, though I am not familiar with Asus or Xandros.

So, you'll need to find out how to manage software for your platform and
come back if the JPilot install does not work out of the box for some
reason (won't sync).

-Tom