[jp] can't sync

Larry Grant larry.grant at webpointtech.com
Wed Jun 18 23:53:58 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Carlo Graziani
<carlo at oddjob.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> My advice is this:  locate and uninstall your from-source installations of
> jpilot and pilot-link (I think you can "make uninstall" from the
> installation directory, but I've never tried it), and re-install the Ubuntu
> packages.  Then start working the problem from the udev end, which is where
> 99% of the "can't talk to my device" issues can be traced to.  David has a
> nice HOWTO that covers talking to palm devices over USB, at
> http://www.pilot-link.org/README.usb.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carlo

I've followed that README, but when I get to:

	When you hit the HotSync button on the cradle or by tapping on
	your HotSync icon on the Palm itself, you should see something
	similar to the following in the system logs (/var/log):

I don't see any messages in /var/log/messages in response to hitting
the HotSync button