[jp] can't sync

Dan Bodoh dan.bodoh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 12:50:55 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Larry Grant
<larry.grant at webpointtech.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Larry Grant
> <larry.grant at webpointtech.com> wrote:

> - Do I need to make sure pilot-link is working before proceeding to
> troubleshoot jpilot?  Does jpilot actually use pilot-link?

jpilot uses the pilot-link libs.  It doesn't use the command-line utils.

> - Should I be using the latest pilot-linkpackage from Ubuntu or the
> latest pilot-linkfrom source (in case it matters, I am using the
> jpilot from source)?

I've synced my Centro with jpilot and pilot-link from the Ubuntu repos.

> - Why did I not have the pilot-xfer program, after I installed
> pilot-link from source?

Check your ./configure options.  There's one option, whose name I
can't remember, that needs to be set in order to build command-line
utils.

> - Is there a specific pilot-xfer list i should consult?

See http://www.pilot-link.org/.

Dan Bodoh