[jp] can't sync

Donn Washburn n5xwb at windstream.net
Sun Jun 15 17:24:42 EDT 2008

I don't play with Ubuntu but I would guess they use udev and there kernel has a
module visor.  If so I bet the problem is that visor is not being called by
modprobe.  So, one try "modprobe visor" and look for it with "lsmod"
Try "lsusb" and confirm the device is seen by the usb system after you hit the
hand held sync button

Last check /etc/udev/rules.d for something that sets the /dev/pilot, /dev/jpilot,

My rules is 86-jpilot.rules

BUS=="usb", SYSFS{product}=="Palm Handheld", KERNEL=="ttyUSB*", SYMLINK+="pilot"

If something fails try it again. Once jpilot shows in /dev make sure you set
jpilot's Preference to /dev/jpilot

The above worked today on SuSE 11.0

--
73 de Donn Washburn