[jp] update to my inability to update

Paul King sciguy at vex.net
Sat Jun 14 08:17:10 EDT 2008

I found out that the reason it was syncing was because gpilotd was
running. When I killed it, jpilot went back to its "normal", totally
nonfunctioning self. Syncs don't work in either direction, with my palm
pilot giving up early (within a fraction of a second), and the message

dlp_ReadSysInfo error
Exiting with status SYNC_ERROR_PI_CONNECT
Finished

seen in the console. Running jpilot as root doesn't change anything.

The reason I don't use gpilot is because the mere detection of my m105
causes gpilot to crash. gpilotd works quite well, though.

Paul King