[jp] 1.6.0 Task Categories bug?

David A. Desrosiers david.a.desrosiers at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 14:37:42 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Dan Bodoh <dan.bodoh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Compile 1.6.0 on Ubuntu Hardy: ./configure
> --prefix=/home/danb/jpilot-1.6.0; make; make install

Did you intend to use the stock, distro-supplied version of pilot-link
when you built this? If not, you got it anyway by not specifying a
location to a (possibly newer?) version on your system.

Did you also purge the previous install of J-Pilot from your system,
including all plugins? (likely in /usr/share/jpilot/*,
/usr/lib/jpilot/plugins/* and so on)

If not, I'm willing to bet you got some remnants of things you didn't
expect, linked or included in your build. You'll see this with strace
or similar, as it tries to open things in paths/rpaths that aren't in
your build.