[jp] 1.6.0 Task Categories bug?

Dan Bodoh dan.bodoh at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 14:27:59 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Dan Bodoh <dan.bodoh at gmail.com> wrote:
> The categories in Tasks disappeared from my Palm Centro after syncing
> with 1.6.0.  All tasks are now "Unfiled", and the categories no longer
> exist in the categories list.

I think this is a false alarm.  I am only able to replicate this bug
when I run jpilot from the build directory (prior to make install),
which I had done as a shortcut the first time I ran it.

I suspect these errors are why the categories disappear:

~/installers/jpilot-1.6.0$ ./jpilot
Couldn't find empty DB file /usr/local/share/jpilot/DatebookDB.pdb: No
such file or directory
jpilot may not be installed.
PC ID is 0.
I generated a new PC ID.  It is 226321534
sync.c:3257 Error reading file: /home/danb/.jpilot/ContactsDB-PAdd.pdb
sync.c:3257 Error reading file: /home/danb/.jpilot/ToDoDB.pdb
sync.c:3257 Error reading file: /home/danb/.jpilot/MemoDB.pdb

Dan Bodoh