[jp] New jpilot won't export proper .csv file

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 12 12:09:04 EDT 2008

Judd Montgomery wrote:
> On 05/16/2008 04:37 PM, Larry Alkoff wrote:
>> Just upgraded to Kubuntu Hardy Heron and loaded the latest jpilot deb
>> file from the repository.
>>
>> Normally I export the addresses into a .csv file and parse that with awk
>> and sed into a nice searchable text file.  That no longer works roperly.
>>
> Your distribution packaged this code broken.  It should be working in
> CVS now.  You can help test it.  I will have a new release out shortly.
>
>> My J-Pilot version is 0.99.9.17
>> Compiled 11/29/07
>> Installed path /usr
>> Pilot-link version 0.12.2
>>
>> Is this related to the new version?  The CSV address line indicates I'm
>> using something older and I've seen others on this reporting later versions.
>>
> It's related to a non-official release.  The last official release was
> almost 2 years ago.  The plus side is that you got something newer.  The
> down side is that it wasn't completely coded.
>
>> What can I do?
>>
> Try out CVS, or a testing tarball at
> http://jpilot.org/testing/jpilot-1.6.0-pre4.tar.gz
>
> Judd

Hello Judd.

Following your suggestion
I downloaded jpilot_1.6.0-1_i386.deb
and it seems to work much better in exporting a csv file.

There is one problem.
The phone numbers now have two fields - one for the type (work, home
etc) and one for the actual number.  For some reason the csv file
_always_ contains the old names (Work, Home, Fax, Other and E-Mail) even
when I select some other type of number.

For example, if I pick Mobile in J-Pilot for the first number, it comes
out in the csv file as Work.

Can you comment on this?

Larry