[jp] Ubuntu 7.10 JPilot Syncs, But Won't Install Anything

tmst08 at gmail.com tmst08 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 14:55:45 EST 2008

On Tuesday 05 February 2008, tjlm at comcast.net wrote:
> > Ooh. You shouldn't have to ever reboot your machine for this. Just find
> > the process and kill it.
>
> If I choose "force quit," the program never reopens after that until I
> reboot. After a force quit, if I try to open it again, whether I type it
> into the terminal or click on it under applications, nothing happens.

The following command will tell you if there is a "pilot" process still
running and possibly interfering with the ability to relaunch JPilot:
ps -ef | grep pilot

If there is, you'll want to kill it and then try to relaunch JPilot.

> > I bet you're getting a modal dialog that's buried in the window stacking
> > order and thus hidden. Try unsetting the "ask for confirmation on file
> > installation" in the JPilot preferences.
>
> I found that and it was checked, so I unset it. Now the TX doesn't sync at
> all. It might if I remove anything to be installed, but that still leaves
> the problem of not being able to install anything.

I'd be interested in hearing your results after making sure all pilot
processes are killed and relaunching JPilot.

-TR