[jp] jpilot chrashed

Thomas Becker thomasgeo at gmx.de
Wed Apr 2 10:55:47 EDT 2008

Hi Judd,

I was exporting and importing from the same version -> 0.99.9.10

The Problem was/is that you can export to *.txt, but there is no radio
button to choose *.txt as an import format. There the floating point
error comes into the game...

The import of *.csv was awfull! After pointing on the *.csv file I was
asked if I like to import this contact or all contacts - thats smart.
Unfortunately eveen if I was pushing 'import all' the dialog came back...

The outcome of the import was not good. Last names haven't been in the
appropriate field, sometimes there was a contact with nothing in and so on.

At the end I copied every detail end every contact by hand from the
*.txt into jpilot.

jpilot itself started to run after I deleted (renamed) .jpilot in my
home folder.

Thomas

Judd Montgomery schrieb:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 09:57:29AM +0200, Thomas Becker wrote:
>> Hi listers,
>>
>> jpilot chrashed while importing a text file of contacts which has been
>> exported before from jpilot...
>>
> Which version did you export it from and which version are you trying to import it to?  If you are
> using the contacts database and a pre-release jpilot then what you tried to do is not finished
> being written.
>
>> When I try to open jpilot now i get these error message on the shell.
>>
>> Can you give me an advise what to do to get it started normally?
>>
>> jpilot
>> removing stale pidfile
>> Unknown repeatType (16) found in DatebookDB
>> Floating point exception (core dumped)
>>
> I'm not sure how your datebook would have gotten corrupted.  You can try removing
> ~/.jpilot/DatebookDB.pc3, and if that doesn't work ~/.jpilot/DatebookDB.pdb.
>
> Judd

Only wimps study only the general case; real scientists pursue examples.

Beresford Parlett

Thomas Becker
Working Group: Ecosystem Dynamic
Institute for Botany and Landscape Ecology
University Greifswald Grimmer Strasse 88 D - 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Tel: +49 (0)3834-864141
Fax: +49 (0)3834-864096
http://biogeo.botanik.uni-greifswald.de
http://tbecker.eu