[jp] Mandriva 2008.0 & palm tx

Carl Wagner cwagster at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 21:58:31 EDT 2007

I had things working just fine with mandriva 2007.1 and the palm
tungsten e.

upgraded to mdk 2008.0 and now have a Palm T|X.  I believe my problem is
in the /etc/udev/rules.d/pilot.rules file,  my pilot.rules reads as
follows:

BUS!="usb", SYSFS{product}!="Palm Handheld", KERNEL!="ttyUSB0", SYMLINK
+="pilot"

when I try to sync with jpilot (first the sync buttom on the pilot than
hit sync in jpilot)  I get the following

 Syncing on device /dev/pilot
 Press the HotSync button now

and nothing happens.

so any ideas in what I'm doing wrong?

This is my little cheat sheet, I use in the past.

edit /etc/rc.d/rc.local and add

modprobe usbserial
modprobe visor

edit /etc/modprobe.conf and add the line

options visor vendor=0x0830 product=0x061

get vendor and product from # lsusb

pilot.rules

BUS!="usb", SYSFS{product}!="Palm Handheld", KERNEL!="ttyUSB0", SYMLINK
+="pilot"

jpilot setting /dev/pilot