[jp] Keyring; crashing Palm and damaged AddressDB

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Tue Nov 28 00:57:58 EST 2006

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 14:51, Judd Montgomery wrote:
> I haven't heard of a Palm that can't accept an AddressDB.pdb yet.  You
> could try installing your Contacts-PAdd.pdb file.  If that doesn't work
> maybe remove the Contacts-PAdd database with Filez and try installing
> it.  Maybe it got corrupted?
>
> Judd
I was sure it was corrupted, and after several unsuccessful(?) goes to install
the AddressDB from the laptop I synced with the desktop (new install of OS)
and now it has Addresses in it.
I cannot explain how it happened - I couldn't install a new app because I was
short of room, went back to pilot-xfer, moved to card and deleted stuff ,
installed app, which wouldn't run because Palm had no memory left,decided it
was huge and copied it straight to card with card reader, deleted it from the
internal memory...

and one or more of those steps got the last of my sync working.
A well spent half hour :-)

--
Just as most issues are seldom black or white, so are most good solutions
seldom black or white.  Beware of the solution that requires one side to be