[jp] Sync problems

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Sat Nov 25 17:11:08 EST 2006

> [/home/tom] > ls /etc/modules
>
> ls: /etc/modules: No such file or directory
>
> [/home/tom] > ls /etc/modprobe.d
>
> ibm_acpi ipw2200 nvidia prism2 sound tv

look for /etc/modprobe.conf and /etc/modprobe.d/files.  I also find
/etc/modprobe.conf.local which is to be the one you add local stuff to.

Note at the bottom of /etc/modprobe.conf there will be a "include " line
  so that modprobe will read it at boot time.

I believe /etc/modules.conf and conf.modules are depreciated.

man -k modprobe
modprobe (8)         - program to add and remove modules from the Linux
Kernel
modprobe.conf (5)    - Configuration file/directory for modprobe
modprobe.d (5) [modprobe.conf] - Configuration file/directory for modprobe

man -k depmod
depmod (8)           - program to generate modules.dep and map files.

and with your new kernel
man -k mkinitrd
mkinitrd (8)         - create initrd disk image

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "