[jp] Sync problems

TR tmst at nethere.com
Sat Nov 25 14:53:52 EST 2006

Granted that auto loading is nice. However, on my current Linux system, which does automatically load visor and has always synced correctly, we have:

[/home/tom] > uname -a
Linux linux 2.6.13-15.11-smp #1 SMP Mon Jul 17 09:43:01 UTC 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

[/home/tom] > lsmod | grep visor
visor                  23308  0
usbserial              35176  1 visor
usbcore               126720  8 visor,usbserial,usb_storage,usbhid,usblp,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd

[/home/tom] > ls /etc/modules
ls: /etc/modules: No such file or directory

[/home/tom] > ls /etc/modprobe.d
ibm_acpi  ipw2200  nvidia  prism2  sound  tv

In fact, the only reference to visor found by grepping the entire /etc tree was the following:
hotplug/usb.rc:    rmmod visor            >/dev/null 2>&1

In summary, it works (visor loads automatically at startup) but I sure wouldn't know why. It would be kind of nice to know, in case I ever have trouble with it again.

TR