[jp] Sync problems

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Thu Nov 23 07:45:55 EST 2006

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> On Wed 22 Nov 06,  9:37 PM, Donn Washburn <n5xwb at hal-pc.org> said:
>> Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

>>> What is hypervisor?  Never heard of it!
>>>
>>> Pete
>> it is the only VISOR that came from
>> "zcat /proc/config.gz | grep -i visor"
>
> That doesn't tell me what it is.  It only tells me where you saw the word,
> and I gathered you found it in /proc/config.gz from the context of the our
> conversation.  :)
>

>> So if 2.6.18.1 made config.gz then that is where it came from.
>> Otherwise it was from SuSE 10.1 2.6.16.21-0.25-default
>>
>> As for where it comes from period - it is the kernel variable set to
>> modules (=m) which can be found in /usr/src/linux-$[version}source/.config
>
> OK.  You forced me to download the latest stable Linux kernel, 2.6.18.
>
>>From reading the kernel source, I don't think hypervisor has anything to do
> with Handspring or PDA's at all.  It appears to be a unified virtual console
> driver developed by IBM.
>
> Peter
Good Luck!  If you do try it you will be rewarded with a faster more
perfectly configured machine with less chance of a lockup.  Jus remember
to NOT destroy your old kernel - add a new one.  That way if thing go
wrong you can alway get beck up.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "