[jp] Tips for encrypting strategies?

Ralph Alvy ralph at ralphalvy.com
Tue Nov 21 19:10:04 EST 2006

John Shane wrote:
> Keyring is the obvious starting place.  But do any of you fellow
> jPilot users have any tips or suggestions to pass along to someone
> just starting out with data encryption? Are there other
> encryption/password storing programs that I should consider that also
> work well with jPilot?

Did you use encryption for you NVBAckup sets? It seems to support that.
I use Keyring and Note Studio for my encrypted notes that have critical
data. Note Studio is supposed to have quite strong encryption:

"Note Studio uses a form of encryption called 3-Way Encryption. This is
a very secure encryption. There is no known, practical way to crack this
encryption. A mathematical method of breaking 3-way encryption has been
proposed, but this method required a bank of super computers and a long
time (years)."

Taken from their web site:
http://www.dogmelon.com.au/ns/FAQ%202004.shtml

I've always wondered how strong Keyring encryption is. Anyone know?

I use encrypted backups with BackupBuddyVFS and BackupMan.