[jp] How to create jpilotrc.color file

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 5 00:14:59 EST 2006

Judd Montgomery wrote:
> R Talbot wrote:
>> Hi all
>> Does anyone know how to create a jpilotrc.color file.
>>
>> My install which I down loaded from the Xandros linux repository did not
>> install with color files..I would like to change the grey theme and
>> possible
>> learn to create a better theme..
>>

> You could grab the color files from the source tarball on the jpilot.org
> website and put them into the appropriate place, which is probably
> /usr/share/jpilot/.  Running jpilot with a "-d" option will tell you where
> its looking for the color files.  jpilotrc.purple, and some of the other
> color files have some comments as to what widgets the colors affect.
>
> Search this file for gtkrc and it explains how to create a color file.
> http://www.lib.rpi.edu/dept/acm/packages1/gtk/1.2.10/gtk+-1.2.10/docs/text/gtk_tut.txt
>
> Judd

I'm new to this thread but have read it.

My Jpilot version 0.11.8 running on KUbuntu 6.0.6 is black on white
except for a few icons with color.

I'd like to install a color theme but the
/usr/share/jpilot/jpilotrc.default (and the others) seem very different
than my ~/.jpilot/jpilot.rc.

How do I install or invoke a color theme?  One of the ones in
/usr/share/jpilot would be ok to get started.  Man jpilot doesn't
address this.

I like Jpilot very much but a little color would help a lot.
Especially to make appointment days with entries stand out.

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux