[jp] Web version of jpilot - or anything similar

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Wed May 24 13:15:59 EDT 2006

On Monday 15 May 2006 08:37, chrisisbd at leary.csoft.net wrote:
> Does anyone here know of anything like jpilot that can be run as a web
> application?  I very rarely use jpilot locally, the only time I use it
> is remotely running X across the 'net which is slow and insecure.  So
> I'm after a Web based PIM that I can synchronize with my Palm.

Chris,

I run something similar, but I utilize vnc (tightvnc to be precise). I have a
linux server running a vnc session. When at home I connect to that vnc
session locally (I have email, jpilot, im, etc running there).

When on the road, I use ssh (putty) to create an encrypted tunnel with port
forwarding of my vnc ports (5901). Then I connect locally to port 5901.

This provides me with a secure, and quite responsive desktop wherever I am at.

Ron