[jp] OT: documents to go

George Fragos fragos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 13:00:53 EST 2006

On 3/31/06, TR <tmst at nethere.com> wrote:
> On Friday 31 March 2006 04:37, jack wallen wrote:
> > TR wrote:
> > > Interesting topic, though. I've continued to keep my DocumentsToGo stuff
> > > on the Palm since I dumped Windows, but haven't done much with it, except
> > > read a little of "Last of the Mohicans" when I'm waiting at the dentist.
> > > I guess the part I'm now missing is the desktop app to convert Word docs
> > > to the DocsToGo format. Sounds like we may be out of luck unless some
> > > generous soul has written a utility, assuming the DocsToGo format is
> > > somewhat transparent so this could even be done (not to mention any legal
> > > issues).
> > >
> > > -TR
> >
> > the very feat of getting docstogo onto the palm using linux isn't
> > possible. i've tried installing with wine but you have to have the palm
> > desktop installed first - and i can't get that installed using wine.
> >
> Hmm. Seems like the DocsToGo .prc file should be available somewhere so you
> can simply install it to the handheld using JPilot.
>
> -TR

I'm a writer and use the Palm for a lot of drafts with a wireless
keyboard.  I use Tealdoc from www.tealpoint.com.  As well as Palm doc
format it can save to or edit from txt format which it can move or
save to an SD card.  The Palm 4K memo size limit isn't a factor here
and Tealpoint doesn't pretend that Linux doesn't exist.  I love there
aps and have many of them.

Have a great day -- George

--
George Fragos