[jp] OT: documents to go

TR tmst at nethere.com
Thu Mar 30 22:41:53 EST 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 19:07, jack wallen wrote:
> i've been searching for an application for my clie like DocumentsToGo. i
> obviously can't use DTG because I don't have a windows machine. does
> anyone know of any application that will open, read, edit, and save
> .doc, .txt, or .rtf files on the palm os?
>
> i'm sorry this is off topic but i've been searching everywhere and can't
> find anything.
>
> thanks so much for any advice.
Interesting topic, though. I've continued to keep my DocumentsToGo stuff on
the Palm since I dumped Windows, but haven't done much with it, except read a
little of "Last of the Mohicans" when I'm waiting at the dentist. I guess the
part I'm now missing is the desktop app to convert Word docs to the DocsToGo
format. Sounds like we may be out of luck unless some generous soul has
written a utility, assuming the DocsToGo format is somewhat transparent so
this could even be done (not to mention any legal issues).

-TR