[jp] JPilot and newer Palm databases

Charles Philip Chan cpchan at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 27 18:42:29 EST 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 12:21:31 -0800
Ralph Alvy <ralvy at warpmail.net> wrote:

> If I upgrade to a Palm that employs the newer Palm databases (Treo
> 650 or TX for instance), will JPilot handle them? Do I need to
> upgrade to pilot-link 0.12. to do that?

It all depends what you want to do. Jpilot will work with the
compatabilty DB's with no problems. However, if you want to sync the
new db's with jpilot, you will need pilot-link >= 0.12 and the jppy
jpilot plugins. If you want to use photo, birthday and the new custom
fields in contacts db, the only option right now is to use jppy
stand-alone or embedded in jpilot. You can find jppy here:

     http://wiki.zanu.org.uk/jppy/FrontPage

More info about jppy can be found here:

     http://www.nickpiper.co.uk/jpilot-python.php3

According the Judd, the underlining code to support the new db's is
already in jpilot. However the gui code have yet to be written.

Charles

--
# Okay, what on Earth is this one supposed to be used for?
        linux-2.4.0/drivers/char/cp437.uni