[jp] J-Pilot and Fedora Core 5

David A. Desrosiers hacker at gnu-designs.com
Mon Mar 27 13:50:32 EST 2006

> Any idea of when pilot-link 0.12 might be ready for an official
> release? In the next few months?

 	Actually, I was just buttoning up the last bits of 0.12.0 last
week, when I uncovered some weird issues in the userland conduits. I
need to either flag those as 'not-yet-working', or fix them. That's
the current holdup at this point.

 	Newest features will be VFS support, OSX support and libusb.

 	Other than that, the rest of the fixes are transparent, under
the hood kind of fixes. Nothing magical or changed from the user's
perspective, other than a lot cleaner conduit interfaces.

 	0.12.1 should be much cleaner, but getting 0.12.0 out there
gets these GUI application authors up to speed with the new libpisock
(library) changes, so they can begin using the newer pilot-link API
there.

 	The same goes for the commercial companies using pilot-link
(like MarkSpace's MissingSync product on OSX, and Florent Pillet's
SyncBuddy product, also on OSX).

David A. Desrosiers
desrod at gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com