[jp] J-Pilot and Fedora Core 5

Ralph Alvy ralvy at warpmail.net
Mon Mar 27 12:55:58 EST 2006

I am quite surprised by all this,  so I have replaced my RPM-based linux
installation with CentOS, which is far less bleeding edge. I have only
recently started to test RPM-based distros (CentOS 4.3 and Fedora Core 5). I
was rather surprised when I compiled JPilot under FC5 and noticed that it
told me it was compiled against pilot-link 0.12.

My office runs on Slackware, so these sorts of problems really don't exist
there. I only do my experimenting with distros at home. My favorite distro at
home is Arch.

Any idea of when pilot-link 0.12 might be ready for an official release? In
the next few months?