[jp] Treo 650 - save pictures and movies?

David A. Desrosiers hacker at gnu-designs.com
Sun Mar 26 09:19:00 EST 2006

>> Is there a way to download via J-Pilot the pictures and movies
>> taken with a Treo 650?

> No.  Pilot-xfer 0.12.0-pre *should* do it with the -D and -f
> options, although I usually get the larger files truncated.

 	pilot-xfer can't do this, unless the default location for
pictues and movies has been changed to point to the SD card in the
device. By default, pictures and movies taken on the Treo650 are
stored on NVFS. Even the commercial Palm backup utilities (such as
BackupBuddy, BackupMan and others) can't back these up.

 	Palm even warns about this on their page, and I've been burned
by it at least once:

 	http://tinyurl.com/qbl82

David A. Desrosiers
desrod at gnu-designs.com