[jp] udev - intermittent failure

Rodney D. Myers rdmyers.42 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 10:17:20 EST 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:50:12 +1100
Elizabeth Dodd <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> I'm new to udev and I've a problem.
> When i first boot the computer syncing the Palm works. tail /var/log/messages
> gives me something about Visor at /dev/ttyUSB1.
> After a period of time, or syncing a few times, the process that does this
> fails, so now I get
> Mar 13 20:46:31 localhost kernel: usb 1-1.1: new full speed USB device using
> ehci_hcd and address 11
> but the device isn't identified any more.
> Can some one give me clues as to why? As soon as I reboot it will work again.
> Liz

Until last month, when I got out of hospital & had to re-install I had
that problem.. I would have to run;

 "sudo /etc/init.d/udev restart"

every once in a while.

Not sure how to fix it permanently, but the above command saves a
reboot.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42 at gmail.com>
Registered Linux User #96112