[jp] Calendar Printing

TR tmst at nethere.com
Sat Mar 11 01:11:24 EST 2006

> On Thursday 09 March 2006 02:54, Colin Brough wrote:
> > > I appreciate the info. It's given me some things to check out.
> > >
> > > I'm trying to print to U.S. letter. I've got an HP LaserJet 4L. When I
> > > use either "cat > file.ps" or "lpr", the output is the same (see
> > > week.ps).
> > >
> > > The CUPS server is selected in the printer configuration (see
> > > printer_properties.png).
> > >
> > > I'm opening the ps file in Ghostscript and printing to PDF from there
> > > (in my workaround). Strangely, Acrobat reports the page size as A4 (see
> > > attached pdf_properties.png).
> > >
> > > Thanks, again.
> >
> > I'm puzzled by this - "week.ps" looks fine on my system - displays at
> > the proper size, Letter size paper.
> >
> > How large is "too large"? Twice the size of the bit of paper? Or just
> > spilling off the page a little bit?
> >
> > You are using jpilot 0.99.7 - try upgrading to the latest, 0.99.8
> > (with patches), and see whether that makes a difference - there are a
> > number of changes to the PostScript code produced by jpilot.
> >
> > I suspect its something in your printing subsystem/settings from
> > ghostscript, but can't tell what. Is anything else printing strangely?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Colin

As an addendum, 0.99.8 seems to have, indeed, fixed the Calendar printing
problem. However, I'm still experiencing the identical problem with printing
my ToDo list after upgrading from 0.99.7 to ...8.

Right now, I'm working around it by using the following as my print command:

"ps2pdf - - | lpr"

This seems to work for printing Calendar, ToDo, everything.

-TR