[jp] Print Dialog Command Syntax

Colin Brough Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Mar 9 13:56:07 EST 2006

> I was recently trying some different options and was unclear about what the
> actual syntax in the edit box needs to be.
>
> In one case, specifying 'lpr' works. This indicates that the postscript is
> being piped into it. Yes?
>
> In the other case, 'cat > file.ps', it seems that, well, I'm not sure!

It means the same thing: the PostScript is being piped to the first
command, which happens to be 'cat', which then sends its output onto
the file... since 'cat' doesn't modify its input, this just send the
PostScript to the file. You need a command of some sort because jpilot
has to actually execute something here.

Cheers

Colin

Colin Brough                             Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk