[jp] keyring sync error

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Thu Mar 9 05:37:14 EST 2006

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 08:49, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:50, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> > last error was because I still had KeyringV2 on the Palm AND had chosen
> > AesLib instead of DesLib
> >
> > the following does work
> > Keyring 1.2.3
> > and ( from Debian repositories)
> > Pilot-link 0.11.8-18
> > JPilot 0.99.8-0.99.9-pre-20060214-1
> > Jpilot-plugins 0.99.8-0.99.9-pre-20060214-1
> >
> > Liz
>
> and a week later, it is broken again, and I had another Palm reset happen
> on syncing.
> I hadn't changed anything to do with jpilot pilot-link or keyring
> Liz
News on this trouble
change an entry on the keyring in jpilot and the sync fails when you do a fast
sync (maybe not the slow sync)
currently i am syncing the palm with pilot-link, it is doing a slow sync and
it is fine
but the new entries in jpilot's copy of the keyring don't appear on the palm
a new entry from the palm appears in jpilot.

and my last effort to sync the lot with pilot-link has resulted in the removal
of my new entries on the Palm database and now it looks like all the backups
have the same problem
which is, as you will realise, a very bad result

Liz

--
The more things change, the more they'll never be the same again.