[jp] Calendar Printing

Colin Brough Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 7 15:24:31 EST 2006

> When printing either the weekly or monthly calendar, regardless of
> whether I send the Postscript directly to the printer or to a file,
> the output is far too large to fit on a single page.
>
> My current workaround is to then print the PS file to a PDF file,
> which I then open in Acrobat and click "shrink to page", which
> works, but...
>
> After searching the mailing lists, I could only find
> font problems addressed.

Well, I originally wrote the week and month printing code, and I've
never seen a report like this...

What size of page are you trying to print to?
What print command are you using? (lpr, cat > file.ps, ...)

Could you send me an example of the PostScript? (say a blank week or
month in 2010 or whenever you don't have any appointments!)

What PostScript interpreter are you using? (Is the printer native
PostScript, or is CUPS using ghostscript or something to convert to
the printer's native format?) When you say "print the PS file to a PDF
file", how are you doing that? ps2pdf at the command line? And what
page size does Acrobat report the imported PDF file as having?

Cheers

Colin

Colin Brough                             Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk