[jp] udev - intermittent failure

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon Mar 13 04:50:12 EST 2006

I'm new to udev and I've a problem.
When i first boot the computer syncing the Palm works. tail /var/log/messages
gives me something about Visor at /dev/ttyUSB1.
After a period of time, or syncing a few times, the process that does this
fails, so now I get
Mar 13 20:46:31 localhost kernel: usb 1-1.1: new full speed USB device using
ehci_hcd and address 11
but the device isn't identified any more.
Can some one give me clues as to why? As soon as I reboot it will work again.
Liz

--
Sometimes a man will tell his bartender things he'll never tell his doctor.
		-- Dr. Phillip Boyce, "The Menagerie" ("The Cage"),