[jp] Feature Request - Override Confirmation Dialogs When Records Changed

TR tmst at nethere.com
Wed Mar 1 01:05:08 EST 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 01:34, Andy Gimblett wrote:
> > When editing my todo list, in particular, I often have the situation
> > where I'm postponing the due dates of many items (cuz I'm lazier
> > than usual that week or something). It's giving me carpal tunnel to
> > have to reach over and click "OK" every time. Plus, since I'm
> > unusually lazy it's more likely I'll just postpone postponing
> > everything, which task I might then have to postpone. :-)
>
> Agreed.  I find it's actually easier and quicker to do it on the Palm
> itself, and them sync again.  In general the Palm interface seems a
> lot more "immediate" than the desktop - you change things in place,
> without having to go into an "edit mode"...
>
> -Andy

Yes, I find myself doing exactly this. However, it is often the case that I
want to edit the notes for tasks to say why I'm postponing them, etc., which
is easier on the desktop.

The exact proposal is to put a radio button in the Preferences indicating
whether to prompt the user for confirmations on record modifications. If I'm
right, the user can have a similar experience on the desktop as with the Palm
OS in this regard.

-TR