[jp] Exclude files rom backup

Friedrich Dimmling f.dimmling at snafu.de
Tue Aug 29 16:22:48 EDT 2006

Jason Day schrieb:

> Good luck, and please let me know how you make out.
>
> Jason

Thanks for your help Jason. I fetched the jpilot-backup .deb package
from the Ubuntu version under development.
It complaint about not beeing able to configure the package because it
needs libc6 (>= 2.4.1) while on my system there is libc6 version
2.3.6-0ubuntu20. However it seems to work and does not produce any
problem as far as I can see now. I could make a backup excluding the two
problematic files. To save them anyway I have copied them to the SD card
and transfered them from the card separately. Thus I should have a
complete backup now.
I tried to compile jpilot-backup from source but ./configure stopped
because it could not find the pilot-link header files. As a shortcut I
gave the .deb file from the development version of Ubuntu a try.
Please tell me if you think that the library conflict mentioned above
could rise serious problems.

Many thanks for the fast and excellent help

Friedrich