[jp] Fixing A Broken Jpilot Installation

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 7 19:03:41 EDT 2006

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Judd Montgomery wrote:

> gtk-config was the gtk1 way of doing things.  The newer way is with
> package config.
>
> "pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --modversion" will tell you which version pkg-config
> thinks is installed.  Jpilot configure uses the --cflags --libs options.

   Sonofagun! I learn something new each day.

   I think this is telling me something vital, but I'm not sure what to do
aobut it:

[rshepard at salmo ~]$ pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --modversion
Package cairo was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing airo.pc'
Package 'cairo', required by 'Pango Cairo', not found

   And,
[rshepard at salmo ~]$ locate cairo.pc
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/cairo.pc

   Well, something gtk-ish is certainly torqued. I'm not sure how to fix it
all. I'll ask on the gtk mail list.

   Considering that adding export MALLOC_CHECK_=0 and specifing
/usr/bin/jpilot works, I'll try to focus on my Friday water quality lectures
and put fixing the mess I created lower on the priority list.

Thanks, Judd,

Rich