[jp] Finding Text in Non-Name Fields

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 27 22:11:25 EDT 2005

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Judd Montgomery wrote:

> I don't understand.  Searching for strings in the custom and note fields
> works for me.

Judd,

   Then I've obviously done something incorrectly. I'll put the "Other" tab on
top, and search for a number, e.g., 2 or 3 which will be in the custom 3
field. Nothing is returned.

   Should the digits be entered within quotation marks?

   What I'm trying to do is assign ratings from 1-9 to different names in the
addressbook. Then I want to search for a specific number and have the
function return a list of all names assigned that number. What do I change to
make it work for me, too?

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"