[jp] Palm m515 - no more USB connections possible

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at medemail.com.au
Mon Sep 26 05:49:30 EDT 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 02:41, Martin Seekatz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since I synced the palm with KPilot and later I tried with Jpilot I
> can  not more establish a USB connection to the palm.
>
> The Linux (SuSE 9.3) logfiles dos not more show any USB traffic while
> the palm is trying to sync.
>
> Also on my office Notebook, running Windows XP, the  USB is not more
> working.
>
> Under XP I can sync via IRDA. But under Linux I do not know how to set
> the Jpilot for using IRDA.
>
> At home and office I use USB cradles version "E".
>
> I have checked the cables and settings, but could not find any
> mistakes there. Also several resets of the palm do not help.
>
> I hope somebody can help.
>
> Best regards
>
> Martin Seekatz
there is a major problem with USB connections on these Palms (m500,m515). If
you are a person who attracts static charges, then you can reset the USB to
non-functional. I found instructions on the 'net for completely resetting the
Palm with a flat battery - nothing simple nor obvious,but within a month I
had 'done' it again and couldn't sync with USB.

(and please note, Judd, that the mailing list database is using old email
addresses)
Liz
--
Use at own risk.