[jp] Palm m515 - no more USB connections possible

Martin Seekatz martin at pibbs.org
Wed Sep 14 12:33:44 EDT 2005

Hello Jason,

Am Dienstag, 13. September 2005 22:09 schrieb Jason Day:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 06:41:49PM +0200, Martin Seekatz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > since I synced the palm with KPilot and later I tried with Jpilot
> > I can  not more establish a USB connection to the palm.
>
> Make sure kpilotd is not running (or any other sync daemon, for
> that matter).  Try "ps ax | grep pilot" in a terminal.  If there's
> any process running other than jpilot it will interfere with the
> sync.

No sync daemon was runnig.

> > Also on my office Notebook, running Windows XP, the  USB is not
> > more working.
>
> Is this the same computer, or different?  Sounds like the USB
> hardware or motherboard might be bad.

At home I using an Fujitsu Siemens tower PC (pure Linux) with USB palm
cradle, my office PC is a Fujitsu Siemens Notebook (XP / Linux), with
a other USB palm cradle. Both cradles are from same type.

> > Under XP I can sync via IRDA. But under Linux I do not know how
> > to set the Jpilot for using IRDA.
>
> http://howto.pilot-link.org/irdasync/

I will try soon.

Thanks
Martin

--
" Microsoft makes the easy stuff easy, and the rest impossible.
Unix makes everything possible, but nothing too easy."