[jp] J-Pilot 0.99.8-pre11 available

Juergen Lennefer jpilot-j at lennefer.de
Wed Sep 14 04:46:08 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm working with jPilot for now about 3 years, running it with SuSE Linux
(currently version 9.3 using UTF8) with KDE 3.4.2 Level "b" and syncing my
TT3.

Since I tried the 0.99.8 pre releases I'm fighting constantly with the
character set settings as the german umlauts are not viewed or wrong entered
(or both).
So it is with pre11, too. I tried all possible char sets in pref, but no
success. The char set "UTF: Latin1, Western Europe (CP1252)" should be the
best choice, or not?

At jPilot entered umlauts are viewed right with jPilot, but give ugly special
double chars on the TT3. Otherwise in TT3 correct entered umlauts will not be
displayed in jPilot. E.g. in Address Book a Lastname with an umlaut will
displayed without it on the left side, the complete name isn't displayed on
the right side.
I'm very unhappy with this issue if jPilot goes in the final version without
any fix.

Please help.

Best regards,
Juergen

--
### Juergen Lennefer ### Kuerten ### Germany ###