[jp] Palm m515 - no more USB connections possible

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 13 16:09:39 EDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 06:41:49PM +0200, Martin Seekatz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since I synced the palm with KPilot and later I tried with Jpilot I
> can  not more establish a USB connection to the palm.

Make sure kpilotd is not running (or any other sync daemon, for that
matter).  Try "ps ax | grep pilot" in a terminal.  If there's any
process running other than jpilot it will interfere with the sync.

> Also on my office Notebook, running Windows XP, the  USB is not more
> working.

Is this the same computer, or different?  Sounds like the USB hardware
or motherboard might be bad.

> Under XP I can sync via IRDA. But under Linux I do not know how to set
> the Jpilot for using IRDA.

http://howto.pilot-link.org/irdasync/

HTH,
Jason